Micro blogging site Twitter has revealed some new steps to get your Twitter account verified.
The act of getting one’s account verified is a very big deal especially when it comes to accounts owned by top celebrities like musicians, actors and actresses, politicians, sports personalities, media personalities, social media influencers etc.
Well Twitter has revealed some new steps to follow to get get your account verified without going through the normal requesting for an account verification through tweets and direct messages (DMs) to the company.
The company said it will in a few days bring out a feature under settings which will help anyone who wants his or her account to be verified to apply for the blue badge without going through the headache of sending DMs and tweets.
In a very long tweet, twitter verified explained how to get your account verified, Check it out below ;
Dear “can you verify me” ––
Save your Tweets and DMs, there’s a new official way to apply for a blue badge, rolling out over the next few weeks.
You can now submit an application to request verification in-app, right from your account settings!
-Your verified blue badge source
Once you’ve opened the application link under “Verified” in your account settings:
1. Tell us which eligible category matches your account
2. Choose how you’d like us to confirm your identity
3. Submit the request and we’ll let you know when you can expect a decision
Check out more on our improved verification policy, the lowdown on the new application, and what we’re working on next: here
And if you’re planning to apply, follow this thread for what you need to know about our eligibility criteria Down pointing backhand index
1. To qualify for a blue badge, your account must be:
2. We have notability criteria for these categories of accounts:
- Companies, brands, & organizations
- News organizations & journalists
- Sports & gaming
- Activists, organizers, & other influential individuals
For details: Click here
3. Your account has to be active and complete too!
- The account has a profile name and image
- You’ve logged into it in the last 6 months
- The account has a confirmed email address or phone number
- No 12-hour or 7-day lockouts for violating our rules in the past 12 months
4. Accounts not eligible:
- Parody, newsfeed, commentary, & unofficial fan accounts
- Pets & fictional characters
- Accounts associated with coordinated harmful activity/hateful content
- Accounts that have violated our Platform manipulation & spam policy
For the full rundown of our verification policy and details on what makes an account notable and active, and what makes an account ineligible for a blue badge: Click here