A photo of Nigerian singer, Burna Boy‘s Grammy award plaque has finally hit the internet, days after his album ‘Twice As Tall’ won Best Global Music Album.
Burna Boy’s ‘Twice As Tall’ album topped fellow category nominees; Antibalas’ ‘FU Chronicles’, Bebel Gilberto’s ‘Agora’, Anoushka Shankar’s ‘Love Letters’, and Tinariwen’s ‘Amadjar’ to bag the award.
The Afro-beat singer was ecstatic about his win as the award marks his first Grammy win, after being nominated last year with his “African Giant” album. He is the first winner of the recently renamed category, formerly known as Best World Music Album.
For making Nigeria and Africa proud, celebrities across the continent took to social media to celebrate him for bringing home the award.
See Burna Boy’s reaction after he was announced Grammy award winner;
SEE MORE :
- Burna Boy Wins Grammy for Best Global Music Album
- Watch Burna Boy’s breath-taking Performance At The 2021 Grammy Awards Premiere Ceremony
- 63RD GRAMMY AWARDS: List of Nominees and Winners At The Grammy Awards 2021
- Wizkid wins first Grammy Awards for ‘Brown Skin Girl’ with Beyonce
- Beyoncé’s daughter, Blue Ivy, pictured sipping from her first Grammy Award plaque